Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God's Power Always Attracts Persecution
This word posted by Lonnie Mackley

God's Power Always Attracts Persecution

AC 5:16 Crowds gathered also from the towns around Jerusalem, bringing their sick and those tormented by evil spirits, and all of them were healed. 17 Then the high priest and all his associates, who were members of the party of the Sadducees, were filled with jealousy. 18 They arrested the apostles and put them in the public jail.

There are a number of you now reading this that will soon walk in greater power to heal the sick and cast out evil spirits. God has been preparing His people for many years now just for this purpose, and for those in transition who cease to procrastinate and who fully repent and seek God, you will indeed begin to see God do more miracles through you. But I also want to touch on another challenging aspect of walking in God's power, and that is persecution.

JN 15:20 Remember the words I spoke to you: `No servant is greater than his master.' If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also.

If you walk in God's power, you can expect the modern day Pharisees to label you as a heretic and say that demons rather than the Holy Spirit are working through you. You can also expect family and friends to disown you, to be defrocked by any religious organization that licensed you, websites to go up denouncing you, people attacking your websites, and people to protest at your meetings; but you must not allow any of these things to deter you.

MK 15:9 "Do you want me to release to you the king of the Jews?" asked Pilate, 10 knowing it was out of envy that the chief priests had handed Jesus over to him.

Pharisees are in the ministry for what they can get out of it, not for what God can give through them. So anyone who has more power flowing through their lives, or who gets more attention than they do, they see as a threat. They may even talk about you in a smarmy, insincere way, and say that they need to pray for and restore you, but make no mistake, envy and jealousy are driving their veiled gossip and slander, and inside they hope you fall.

JN 21:17 The third time he said to him, "Simon son of John, do you love me?" Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, "Do you love me?" He said, "Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you." Jesus said, "Feed my sheep.

If you really love Jesus then you will want to please and obey Him. In the end He will not accept any excuses as to why we took our hands off of the plow and sat down, He will just ask "Did you feed My sheep?". Expect persecution when God's power begins to flow and just know that your focus must be fixed on feeding His sheep, not on the Pharisees antics. Your Job is just to do God's will, plain and simple, so don't let anyone distract you from that.

MT 15:12 Then the disciples came to him and asked, "Do you know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this?" 13 He replied, "Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be pulled up by the roots. 14 Leave them; they are blind guides. If a blind man leads a blind man, both will fall into a pit."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Power Over the Enemy editor 0 225 02-02-2007, 01:36 AM
Last Post: editor