Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Call to the Forerunners!
A Call to the Forerunners!
Debra and Marvin Westbrook
Feb 16, 2007

Rivers of Eden

February 16, 2007

We often hear the expression: "It is better to be safe than to be sorry!" Quite often this statement is used to justify taking a path of least resistance. It is better to be safe than sorry! To stay within the boundaries of what appears to be a sure thing, a safe thing, rather than take a risk into the unknown, or into what is controversial, new, or misunderstood in its time. I heard the Lord give me this statement to consider while I was standing in the kitchen the other day. I had been thinking about the current condition of many people in the Body of Christ – treading along a path of least resistance, a path that is taken so as to be better safe than sorry. They walk along day by day in a mundane Christian existence, content to maintain the status quo at all costs so as not to rock the boat. They are walking in the reality of a lie but are none the less, walking in the reality of what is revelation to them. It is better to be safe than to be sorry.

This thought permeates the lives of a vast majority of Christians. Better to try to walk in what appears to be a sure thing so as to not rock the boat – to keep safe what little they have rather than to risk it all to follow Christ into the great unknown by faith.

This is quite a contradiction to the cry of Peter's heart when engaged in a conversation with Jesus that went something like this:

John 6:60-69 60 Many Disciples Turn Away Therefore many of His disciples, when they heard this, said, "This is a hard saying; who can understand it?" 61 When Jesus knew in Himself that His disciples complained about this, He said to them, "Does this offend you? 62 What then if you should see the Son of Man ascend where He was before? 63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life. 64 But there are some of you who do not believe." For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were who did not believe, and who would betray Him. 65 And He said, "Therefore I have said to you that no one can come to Me unless it has been granted to him by My Father." 66 From that time many of His disciples went back and walked with Him no more. 67 Then Jesus said to the twelve, "Do you also want to go away?" 68 But Simon Peter answered Him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. 69 Also we have come to believe and know that You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." NKJV

Where do we go when we are faced with a decision? Do we follow Him into uncomfortable places? Or do we live by the fact that it is better to be safe than sorry?

It is spiritual hunger alone that drives us forward into that place hidden in Him where our reality is formed by the gentle whisper of His voice that breathes into us strategy, purpose and destiny. This is true safety but it is NOT COMFORTABLE.

There is a responsibility that comes with the revelation that is given to us from heaven. The more we come to know Christ, the greater the price to pay to receive the revelation, obeying it, and walking in the reality of it. So we refute the lie that says it is better to be safe than sorry.

This is a call to the forerunners to continue to risk it all for Christ Jesus. To step out of a place of security and comfort and to keep on walking despite the prevailing state of comfortability that is resident in the body of Christ, particularly in the West.

"Come out. Come out from under standards that have been established in man's wisdom. Walking along this manmade path will take you on a journey into nothingness.

Enjoy your journey in Me! I am the path and I cause My light to shine on the path that I have created for you. It is a path of truth and a path of righteousness but it is NOT the path of least resistance for it is narrow and few who see it actually follow it.

It is important to be resilient in these days in Me. To bounce back in humility and grace when one is knocked down. To rise up in truth when confronting lies. To raise a banner of holiness in the midst of darkness.

For there is coming forth and there now is a mass exodus of people away from the confines of religion. Where are they running? Into Me. Into Me. I am the eye of the storm in the midst of a rush of global insecurity, tribulation and darkness. Run into Me. True safety is found in Me – in My perfect will for each of your lives.

The forerunners are leading the way. Away from what is considered safe to risk it all to follow Me into the high places, into the dark places, and into the shadows. These shadows are filled with people that have lost their way and lost hope.

It is NOT better to be safe than sorry. It is best to be abiding in Me in the eye of the storm. Though all hell may rage against you, there is safety in Me."

Psalm 91
Safety of Abiding in the Presence of God He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. 2 I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust." 3 Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler And from the perilous pestilence. 4 He shall cover you with His feathers, And under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and buckler. 5 You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, Nor of the arrow that flies by day, 6 Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.

7 A thousand may fall at your side, And ten thousand at your right hand; But it shall not come near you. 8 Only with your eyes shall you look, And see the reward of the wicked.

9 Because you have made the LORD, who is my refuge, Even the Most High, your dwelling place, 10 No evil shall befall you, Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling; 11 For He shall give His angels charge over you, To keep you in all your ways. 12 In their hands they shall bear you up, Lest you dash your foot against a stone. 13 You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra, The young lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot. 14 "Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him on high, because he has known My name. 15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him. 16 With long life I will satisfy him, And show him My salvation." NKJV

This is reality!
This is Truth!

May your receive grace and favor in 2007!