Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The true heart of Christian leadership
Laying Down Your Life For The Sheep
Kriston Couchey
Feb 19, 2007

kcouchey@juno.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The true heart of Christian leadership
It is interesting the debate going on over titles these days. Personally I don't pay any attention to anyone's title. I look at how they function and how much of the Lord I see in them.

I am not impressed with teachings.

I am not impressed with titles.

I am not impressed with mens' approval.

I am not impressed with someone's anointing.

I am not impressed with someone's dream or vision.

I am not impressed with words of knowledge, they are a tool.

I am not impressed with healings. God is the healer anyway.

I am not impressed with size of ministry.

I am not impressed with someone's sphere of influence.

What impresses me?

Paul Said "Death is at work in me that life may be at work in you."

I am impressed with someone who is broken over the condition of the Lord's people.

I am impressed with someone who is more concerned about seeing the people of God function in THEIR gifts, then having to administer his or her own.

I am impressed when a "leader" can take correction from ANYONE! Even the world.

I am impressed when I see someone gently deal with immaturity and not destroy a person over a stupid mistake.

I am impressed when a person sees potential in people rather then just the failures.

I am impressed when I see someone who doesn't just make friends with their own "leadership" peers, or those who can forward their ministry. But they will associate with those who are problem people and considered hopeless causes.

I am impressed with someone who will go through a whole meeting not having to preach or teach, but rest in their authority in the realm of the spirit and just be a watchman, letting God be God through and to His people.

I am impressed with a person who trusts God enough to trust His people.

I am impressed by those who I will never know, who in the secret place of prayer gave and sacrificed in prayer and fasting for the life of another.

I am impressed with someone so broken and humble they prefer to not draw attention to themselves or their own teachings, but let others be first.

I am impressed when I see the character of God in someone.

I am impressed when I see someone lay down their life for the sheep.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SPEAKING TO THE IDOLS OF THE HEART editor 0 279 01-29-2007, 03:53 AM
Last Post: editor