Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BE WATCHFUL AS A WATCHMAN
BE WATCHFUL AS A WATCHMAN

Tao’s Parable

www.thequickenedword.com

Scene: On 11/4/06, I went to the water garden in our community with my two daughters, since that was my favorite place to visit. I held the youngest one (about 100 days old) closely with my hands and watched over my older one (2 yrs old) when she walked around. Then we came to a swimming pool in the garden, and my older daughter was excited and played around the pool. For a short while my eyes were off her and suddenly I heard her cries. She fell from the benches and hurt herself. Immediately I came to her and hugged her dearly. At that moment, I felt regretful. It was my fault, I didn’t watch over her closely. If I watched over her closely and warned her about the dangers of climbing the benches, the incident could be avoided. Later on I thought of the following.

Message of Parable: The Lord is the watchman, He watches over us day and night. “He will not let your foot slip—he who watches over you will not slumber” (Psalm 121:3) He sets the best example for us as a watchman and calls us to cooperate with Him in watching. As watchman, we should be watchful and vigilant in our duties. If we are careless in duties, we might miss what the Lord wants us to see and couldn’t report to the people what the Lord wants us to report. The consequences could be very bad and many people could suffer because of our carelessness.

If the Lord shows us the potential dangers and He calls us to blow the trumpet in the wall, we should do it according to the will of the Lord. "The sons of Aaron, the priests, are to blow the trumpets. This is to be a lasting ordinance for you and the generations to come. When you go into battle in your own land against an enemy who is oppressing you, sound a blast on the trumpets. Then you will be remembered by the LORD your God and rescued from your enemies.” (Numbers 10:8-9)

Watchman are also intercessors, we should plead before the Lord according to what the Lord shows to us. When God showed Abraham His plan to judge the Sodom and Gomorrah, Abraham stood in the gaps to plead for Sodom. “The men turned away and went toward Sodom, but Abraham remained standing before the LORD. Then Abraham approached him and said: "Will you sweep away the righteous with the wicked? What if there are fifty righteous people in the city? Will you really sweep it away and not spare the place for the sake of the fifty righteous people in it? Far be it from you to do such a thing—to kill the righteous with the wicked, treating the righteous and the wicked alike. Far be it from you! Will not the Judge of all the earth do right?" (Genesis 18:22-25)

Dear brothers and sisters, did the Lord call you to be a watchman? Be serious about your duties. As parents, we have the duties to watch over our children. Be careful in our duties as we watch over them.

"I looked for a man among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found none.” (Ezekiel 22:30)

“I have posted watchmen on your walls, O Jerusalem; they will never be silent day or night. You who call on the LORD, give yourselves no rest, and give him no rest till he establishes Jerusalem and makes her the praise of the earth.” (Isaiah 62:6-7)

“How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, "Your God reigns!" Listen! Your watchmen lift up their voices; together they shout for joy. When the LORD returns to Zion, they will see it with their own eyes.” (Isaiah 52:7-8)

"Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning from me. When I say to the wicked, 'O wicked man, you will surely die,' and you do not speak out to dissuade him from his ways, that wicked man will die for his sin, and I will hold you accountable for his blood. But if you do warn the wicked man to turn from his ways and he does not do so, he will die for his sin, but you will have saved yourself.” (Ezekiel 33:7-9)

“I lift up my eyes to the hills—where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip— he who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The LORD watches over you— the LORD is your shade at your right hand; the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night. The LORD will keep you from all harm— he will watch over your life; the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.” (Psalm 121)

Love and Blessings

Tao