Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Memorizing Scripture
A Sunday school teacher decided to have her young class memorize one of the most quoted passages in the Bible, Psalm 23. She gave the youngsters a month to learn the verse. Little Bobby was excited about the task, but he just couldn't remember the Psalm. After much practice, he could barely get past the first line. On Sunday in front of the congregation, Bobby was very nervous. When it was his turn, he stepped up to the microphone and said proudly "The Lord is my shepherd and that's all I need to know!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What is everyone doing this Lord's Day?

Confusedet4_helloooo: Good Sonday Morning!!

That is a cute story.  I actually did recite the 23rd Psalm in front of the entire church when I was 8 years old, and received my first Bible, which I still have

We will be celebrating my birthday today by going out to dinner with Fayrda's mom and dad around 1:00 pm.  Right now we are relaxing and enjoying looking out at the bright beautiful sunshine and watching our puppy Rosebud play

Have a blessed and sanctified Sunday, Jesus Talks friends! Wink
Dave, I am very astonded that you did that. Kids really don't like Scripture memorization and the pressure of then reciting it publicly. But look at the reward. The Holy Spirit has then the opportunity to recall it to your mind in time of need. I like that church gives the children a recognition!

Your day sounds lovely and the weather is accomodating. Do you have a game plan for dining out, or is it a once a year go for it? I would chose the latter.

How are the parents doing? I do recall the beginning of ALZ with FIL and the medical problems with MIL. Have they stabilized as well as can be?

Fayrda's mom and dad are doing rather well.  Mom was on that new heart medication called Coreg, and it was causing too many side affects such as fatigue and muscle aches.  Her doctor weaned her off that and she is doing much better.  In fact they are going to their own Baptist church today.  We will still pick them up and take them with us to Roadhouse Grill for dinner. Dad is doing OK with the alz, and pretty much stabilized.  At least Mom can drive again and do what is needed to care for Dad.  God is good and making a way for their healing as well.

I guess we can talk about it here, but maybe not on the Grace Today Deiters board - LOL - but I plan to go all out with a large steak, baked potatoe, and their Sky High choclate cake  That's really the reason I like that restaurant - the chocolate cake.  I probably will eat nothing after dinner today, and have been pretty good the last few days.  Fayrda says I should go for it, as I will only turn 21 once in my life. LOL Exclamation:004::grin:
I am glad to hear that Mom is doing so much better and that the alert doctor not only caught it, but carefully weaned her. And to venture to Church together again as a couple is fantastic. My heart goes out to your family for Dad. My Dad died with ALZ and MIL is currently still living with it. The patient will lose any sense of loss or discomfort, but the suffering of their family is stretched to the limit watching.

I would go for it too to the max that the stomach would stretch. LOL And I would not share that on the diet board. Just me. It's a big day for you and I know you must feel defrauded that your dream on your 50th to be at goal weight never realized fr that occasion. But I do see you ate goal weight, I am also not a time setter by nature. I do see me this year getting to goal weight, but I have certainly changed my vanity number and this time I will maintain and not throw all caution to the wind thinking once I arrived the battle would be over with.

Any new pictures of Rosebud?

I'm going to be working later today to get some new pictures of Rosebud up on the Grace Today Dieters forum. Fayrda just took her with her on a quick trip to Dollar General to show her to a co-worker who has been off on vacation a few weeks. She (the puppy, not Fayrda) is wearing a little black sweater with a fake leapord skin collar. I've got to get a picture of that! Smile
My daughter has all the outfits for her girl's. So cute! Can you imagine me trying to dress my boys? Lucky once again killed a racoon yesterday. Can you imagine the frustration I would have if he were wearing his best clothes when doing that?
Hi There!

At our church as I was growing up, we use to have all kinds of contests for memorizing scripture. Also others that included attendance, bringing your Bible, bringing a friend, how many chapters you read, etc...
The contests got the kids excited to do what they needed to be doing anyway. I was the winner at least once. When I was about sixteen, I was in charge of a contest for the younger kids. I made up two lists of scriptures for the kids to memorize ( an easy list for the younger kids & a harder one for the older kids). At the end of the contest, I gave out a very nice Bible Study helps book(don't remember exactly what it was, but remember thinking how much I'd like to have oneSmile) to the winner.

Happy Birthday, Dave!!! Enjoy your birthday dinner.

My plan for the day is to rest, rejoice, & worship. Don't know if we are going to go to church somewhere tonight or not.

Have a great day!!!

Ann
I find it very exciting that you both have church memories while young and developed the healthy habit of memorizing Scripture. If we had a cooly cool smilie I would *insert*here.

Good plan, Ann. I have to arise early each day to accomplish that. Evening church would find me sleeping with the odd hours I keep. In fact when I was up and on the computer this morning (actually it was still pm) I saw you signing off. Is this private time with dh or are all the children still up too?

dh took off early yesterday morning with his dad, came in at 7:30 pm and decided he wanted to go to Walmart at Parkersburg,WV (about 50 minutes away). I didn't want to go, but needed to spend time with him. So we all got ready and left. He dropped me off at home about 11:30, and went to see his brother for a half hour or so, and I decided to check and see what I'd missed yesterday at GTD. The kids were taking baths and getting ready for bed. So, we're all a little tired. We ate at Subway at 9:30, so if the scales are not kind to me tomorrow, I will know why.
Oh boy, I hear you. At the very least if I do go special somewhere for a later evening meal, it is reflected as at least a maintain for morning weigh-in. Stomach content it's called. LOL
At least it was Subway and you have trappings of guilt to fall into.
Hi Candy and Ann. As I posted on GTD, my birthday dinner was just wonderful. Ate half ot it there, and brought the rest home and ate it about 7:00 pm. That was a victory in itself to not eat it all at once, and we usually have asked for a second basket of their yeast roles but skipped that today. Good things are happening! Smile

When I was a Sunday School teacher I always emphasised scripture memorization, using Psalm 119:11 as the example - "I have hidden Your work in my heart that I might not sin against You". Great littel verse.
Happy birthday to you! What a victory on your celebration day. I see it!
*Woo Hoo*
BTW, they never did upload my new smilies for me here.
Ann, how was your evening? The only reason I have good evenings is because I sleep straight through them. LOL
Happy Birthday, Dave!!

Candy- I had a good evening. DH went to visit his dad, and his mom came to visit me (we live very close). MIL, Annie, & I played a game of Phase 10. I lost Smile -- but it was close. I don't mind losing, but I don't really enjoy the game when one person (even myself) is way ahead the entire game. MIL was here for about 1 1/2 hours. Dh was gone for 3 hours. So, I got to spend a little time with my Grace friends.

I know how you love your MIL. I just don't play the games, or cards or what-nots. I watch. That makes me a winner everytime.
Thanks for the birthday wishes, Candy and Ann.  It's been a very nice day. Smile
So this is where you've all been hanging out. When I sleep in, I don't get a chance to visit this board and it's a shame really. I love this board! Well hopefully with summer coming up there will be extra time to do just that.
Morning Coach! This is where we map our strategy. LOL
How is the homefront? Standing in the gap?
Mojo: If I click on the "2" or "last" to view the 2nd page, I get this error message. Any ideas?
mySQL error: 1064
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-5, 10' at line 1
Query: SELECT s.*, s.username AS shoutusername, u.username, u.usergroup, u.displaygroup FROM jesustalks_shouts s LEFT JOIN jesustalks_users u ON (u.uid=s.uid) ORDER BY dateline LIMIT -5, 10
Fortunately the only reply since your post was mine. The same thing happened to me as we went to page two with Dave's last post. A glitch in the software handling. First time we have ever had two pages of anything her, so you can only reply, reading the email notification, or start a new thread. I love this service, but customer support is rarely recognized because they are working on an upgraded version release.