Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting God to Talk (part-2)
Getting God to Talk (part-2)
Prayer Tips — April 9, 2007 From Prayer Edge
As we talked about in pt 1, prayer should be a dynamic 2-way conversation with God, but too often it’s just a boring monologue. This is part 2 of 3 tips on Getting God to Talk. If you want to hear more from Him in your prayertime here’s tip #2.

Tip #2 Ask Questions
Asking questions is another great way to start a conversation. That’s why young couples have so much to talk about, they are curious about each other. They can spend hours finding out what the other one thinks about all sorts of stuff.

As we get older we can run out of questions, and the conversations become less than exhilarating. But we should never run out of questions for God. He holds the secrets of the universe and of the human heart. We will never explore the full depth of His knowledge.

How about your prayertime, is it a learning experience, or are you too busy telling God all the stuff you know? He’s got all the answers, He’s just waitin for someone with the questions.

Explore the universe with the one who can tell you everything, question God, and see your prayertime become the 2-way conversation you’ve always wanted it to be.(next week part 3)

Good posting. Sometimes, in my prayer time, I do all the talking and do not listen or ask questions. I need to learn to ask more questions and listen of course.
To listen, sometimes it is difficult to still the mind to come into His Presence. Sometimes all we hear is silence. Sometimes we find that He is really eager to speak, and we have had our ears shut to this concept! I keep a pen and paper handy.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Getting God to Talk (part-3) editor 0 553 04-18-2007, 01:56 AM
Last Post: editor
  Getting God to Talk (part-1) editor 0 518 03-31-2007, 01:00 AM
Last Post: editor