Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CONFESSIONS OF A PROPHETIC FATHER
CONFESSIONS OF A PROPHETIC FATHER...CONFESSIONS OF A 'PERFECT' FATHER
Bill Yount
Apr 30, 2007

Malachi 4:6 "And He shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children and the heart of the children to their fathers."

Recently, the Lord has been working overtime in many family relationships, especially between the parents and the children. As fathers, we can be overwhelmed by how we were honestly blinded by our weaknesses, or felt powerless to change them while we were raising our children.

When you hear how God is going to grow us up in His Body, you can count on God showing up in the core of the Church--the family we live with everyday. We can go no further in God than our personal home address.

It seems the Lord is opening our eyes to see how our weaknesses and character flaws in parenting have affected our children in later years. The Lord's purpose as these things surface is to restore and heal our relationships. The enemy's plan is to condemn us and to make us feel like failures in the home, ministry, and community. Change seems so slow, even when the Lord brings character flaws to the surface, and sometimes our children remind us of them, in case we have forgotten.

We are overwhelmed by things we may have done wrong, and we cannot go back now and change them, especially when our children are grown. Regret can be overwhelming, and as a father, it seems to magnify itself. As I was praying recently over my own past and present shortcomings as a father, my feelings of failure were divinely interrupted by a still, small voice that spoke volumes to my broken heart...

God said, "Son, you have been focusing on your weaknesses that your children seemed to inherit. Have you forgotten that they also inherit your strengths that you were born again with? Stop thinking of all those generational curses the enemy has been filling your mind with that I took at the Cross. Start renewing your mind about your children, for they are now only destined to receive generational blessings--the seed and the seed's seed of the righteous is blessed because of My righteousness that I have given you!" Proverbs 11:21, "The seed of the righteous shall be delivered."

THE FAITH OF A FATHER IS INHERITED IN THEIR CHILDREN'S DNA...'FAITH RUNS IN YOUR FAMILY!'

I was reminded how we are all blessed because we are the seed of Abraham--the father of faith! We are blessed because in being his seed, we have the same faith as he did. Besides that, God has given every man, woman, and child--a measure of His faith. Romans 12:3, "God has given to every man the measure of faith." In addition, Jesus actually tells us that we have the very faith of God! Mark 11:22, "Have faith in God" means literally "Have God's faith!" Paul said, "The life I now live I live by the faith of the Son of God" (Galatians 2:20).

YOUR CHILDREN'S DNA--"DESTINY NOW ARISING!"

Proverbs 13:22, "A good man leaves an inheritance for his children's children." Know that you have one strength available to you that will overcome all of your apparent earthly failures and regrets--and that is your faith! And you have this faith no matter how you raised or didn't raise your children. Your faith in God (of what He has done and not what you have done or didn't do) is part of your children's inheritance now! At this moment in your children's DNA is the very faith to believe for the impossible. This is a faith that will overcome all "a-parent" weaknesses and failures! Know that this faith that saved you will save your children also. It's a saving faith! In fact you have given to your children the most powerful thing in the universe--God's faith! The major substance that pleases God is FAITH! The faith that is in you is already in your children's DNA and it is their "Destiny Now Arising" (DNA)!

YOU MAY HAVE FAILED YOUR CHILDREN... BUT I WON'T!

God says, "'I am turning the hearts of the fathers to their children' means I am taking what is good and pure and lovely and of good report from inside the hearts of the fathers, and I am pouring it into the hearts of their children. And 'I am turning the hearts of the children to their fathers' means that I am taking what is good and pure and lovely and of good report from inside the hearts of the children and pouring it into the hearts of their fathers. You and your children will experience overwhelming love that will overcome evil with good, and mothers will be caught in the crossfire of this love explosion as My love flows unhindered between the fathers and the children." "I will cause your children to remember the good times and bring to their remembrance precious memories that the enemy has not allowed them to remember at all. Likewise, I will cause the fathers to remember precious moments and the good things about their children that will become strongholds in their minds to know that My hand is upon them no matter where they are or what they are doing. See them and treat them as though they are already saved, healed, and delivered and complete in Me! Have I ever failed you? And I will never fail your children either or even your children's children!"

1 John 5:4, "For whatsoever is born of God overcomes the world: and this is the victory that overcomes the world, even our faith."

The Lord is also including mothers in this word. Paul told Timothy, "When I call to remembrance the unfeigned faith that is in thee, which dwelt first in thy grandmother Lois, and thy mother Eunice; and I am persuaded that in thee also" (2 Timothy 1:5). I believe Paul was reminding Timothy that "Faith runs in your family!"

Faith is contagious. And faith runs in YOUR family also! I sense that many of our children will end up in the "Hall of Faith" that continues to be written from the book Hebrews in chapter eleven!

Bill Yount

Blowing the Shofar Ministries

theshofarhasblown@juno.com

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's Time For The Prophetic To Be EARTHED And The Kingdom Of God Established editor 0 622 03-12-2007, 09:44 AM
Last Post: editor