Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Ministery of One-Anothering
Today's meditation is taken from:

The Ministery of One-Anothering
by Chip Brogden

http://www.theschoolofchrist.org/article...other.html
"And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you" (Ephesians 4:32)

Every Christian is called to the ministry of One-Anothering. We are to love one another, serve one another, submit to one another, instruct one another, encourage one another, help one another, forgive one another, and so forth. This is our spiritual service. This is your ministry to the Body of Christ and the basis from which every spiritual gift should operate. People ask me all the time, "How do I know if I'm called to the ministry?" I answer by saying you are definitely called to the ministry. They think perhaps I am a prophet or I can see something that they cannot. Then I have to clarify it by explaining that all of us are called to the ministry of One-Anothering. No one is exempt. How that will eventually work itself out in your life is a wonderful mystery that you will have to discover for yourself. Only don't look to do some great thing to begin with, just find some brothers and sisters and begin your practice of One-Anothering.

Others will ask, "But how do I know if God is calling me to a full-time ministry?" My response is that He is calling all of us to the full-time ministry of One-Anothering. I'm missing the page in my Bible that talks about a part-time commitment. There's no such thing as a part-time ministry, a part-time minister, or a part-time Christian. It is either all the time or none of the time.

good post!
He makes a good point. I believe we don't have a ministry according to the traditional thinking of what's my ministry. Its Christ's ministry through us.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  THE MINISTRY OF ONE-ANOTHERING 4/4 editor 0 261 03-04-2007, 07:14 AM
Last Post: editor