Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Prayers March 7
Daily Prayers for Evangelical Believers
March 7
by Ed Vasicek

Lord God,

You are my Counselor. Of God the Son, it is said that His Name would be called, "Counselor, the Mighty God…" You are my guide, my confidant, the source of wisdom and direction. But Lord, sometimes I forget to consult with You. Sometimes, when I ought to be checking in with You for direction, I run ahead as though I were on my own. Help me to remember that You indeed are my Counselor.

Help me to resist temptation and the lures of the Satan today. In a sense, Satan and his kingdom are anti-counselors who would lead me to disgrace Your Name. Help me not to be ignorant of his schemes. I choose today to reaffirm my allegiance to Jesus Christ, and I put on His armor.

[For the married]

Lord, marriage is Your institution. I cannot fathom how much marriage has improved life on planet Earth. Lord, guard my marriage, and help me to guard it. Keep us faithful to one another, and help me not to neglect my spouse, but rather to make pleasing You and my spouse life's top two priorities (1 Corinthians 7:33-34). Bind Satan, and help us both to walk in the Spirit that we might put to death the deeds of the flesh. Help us to respect one another, to talk to one another, to compromise with one another, and to like one another. Help us understand and accept one another. Help us renew our commitment to love one another on a daily basis. Help me address conflict, not avoid it; help me to argue fairly. Never let an attitude of contempt or sarcasm master me.
[For the single, divorced, separated, or widowed]

Lord, life can be lonely. I thank You for caring friends and family, but Lord, sometimes it is tough to stand alone. Help me to trust Your Sovereign hand, and lead me in the way I should go. Help me to participate in church and community. If others seem to leave me out because I am single, help me to become tough to that. Help me dive in and include myself. Help me remember that being left out is often not intentional. Many couples have no idea I want to be included. They think I would be uncomfortable with them. Help me express to them that I want to be included. Keep me from taking the stance of a victim. Help me to find good friends to share activities with, and help me remember that You are especially concerned about those who are alone.
I thank You that all Scripture is inspired and profitable. Thank You that the Old Testament is just as inspired as the New. Thank You that the words of Paul are just as inspired as the words of Jesus. Thank You that I can depend upon all Your Word, for it is breathed of You in a plenary way.

In like manner, Lord, I pray that I would give You even control of my life. I tend to surrender bits and pieces of my life to You, but You want all of me. And even when I do surrender certain areas of my life, I often take those areas back. Rescue me, I pray, from a divided heart.

Today I pray for both Pitcairn Island and Tokelau Islands of the South Pacific. On Tokelau, less than 4% of the population (which is only 1,500 people) claims to be born again. Work in the lives of the believers on both islands, and may the number of born-again believers double, I pray.

I remember TEAM (The Evangelical Alliance Mission), one of the most respected, oldest, and largest evangelical missionary organizations. Thank You for their focus:

"Our work is focused on the church from beginning to end. We engage existing churches in cooperative efforts to establish new churches worldwide and then encourage those churches to establish even more new churches. We see the day when the people of God from every tribe, tongue, people, and nation will be gathered around the throne of heaven, worshipping Him." We say, "Yes Lord." Thank You for the hundreds of missionaries who serve literally around the world in full time vocational ministry. Help them to work as a team, in harmony, and to be led by Your Spirit. Provide for them and their families, use them, and may they be effective in building the Kingdom of God.

Today I pray for cost estimators. Help them to be accurate, honest, and fair. We pray that many in these fields would come to know Jesus, and that those who know Him would share the Gospel with others.

Now fill me with Your Spirit that I might glorify You today, I pray, in Jesus' Name, Amen.

AMEN!
Lord, when things seem so out of control, it's a comfort to rely on Your Truth that You are in control and when You are in control, nothing is out of control. Your grace is sufficient for us. Your Spirit will not take us where your Grace cannot keep us. We abide in You today and thank you for Your Wisdom, Love and Compassion. We ask for your Mercy to keep us and for Your Holy Spirit to guide us and Your love to consume us. In Jesus mighty name, Amen!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Prayers July 1 editor 0 532 07-01-2010, 04:14 AM
Last Post: editor
  Daily Prayers June 22 editor 0 498 06-22-2010, 04:16 AM
  Daily Prayers June 1 editor 0 469 06-01-2010, 07:10 AM
  Daily Prayers May 29 editor 0 516 05-29-2010, 04:34 AM
  Daily Prayers May 26 editor 0 464 05-26-2010, 03:26 AM