Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Prayers March 10
Daily Prayers for Evangelical Believers
March 10
by Ed Vasicek

Almighty One,

Thank You that God the Son incarnate is the Prince of Peace. He came the first time as the Lamb of God to take away the sin of the world so that we could be at peace with You. He will come the second time as the Lion of the Tribe of Judah to reign. As the Prince of Peace, He brings me His peace during the turbulent storms of life. And we know that this world will never be at peace until the Prince of Peace reigns.

Dear Lord, help me to be a discerning person. There are many false teachings out there, many deceivers have entered the world. Others name the name of Christ but are not sincere. Help me not to be gullible. Help me to be discerning about spiritual things, relationships, and life.

Your Word tells me that if I confess my sins, You are faithful and just to forgive me of them, and You will cleanse me from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9). So I bring my sins before You now. I do not excuse them, but I freely admit them and ask for Your forgiveness.

Lord, I empty myself before You so that Your Spirit may fill me. I find my strength in His power, not my own. May Your Spirit control me today.

Father, I pray for my relationships.

[For the married]

I pray that you would fortify my marriage. Help me to be committed to my spouse, to be faithful, considerate, patient and a good listener. Let me accept the qualities that accompany my spouse's gender and personality type. Help me be more concerned about our relationship than about power struggles of jostling for position as the "wiser one." Help me respect the person to whom I am married. Help me speak respectfully, neither barking orders nor using sarcasm. Help me realize that my heart is deceitful and desperately wicked, and that I selectively remember and selectively forget so that it always seem like I am the one in the right. Not perfect, but in the right. Help me accept my own inability to be objective.
[For the single]

Lord, sometimes it is a lonely world. Help me to lean upon You as my companion, to make good friends, and to spend my life serving and helping others. Help me not to huddle in my home and create my own little world with me as its population. Help me embrace life and society.

Keep me pure and away from the temptations of improper relationships. Help me to either accept my singleness or to pursue a relationship in a way that honors Christ. Help me to find a support group of other singles, and help me realize that I am a whole person because I am in Christ.

Today I pray for the nation of Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast). Although this nation was considered safe and stable, recent civil wars and unrest have hindered the spread of the Gospel. Thank you for the 9.2 percent who claim to be born-again evangelical Christians. We know that Bible knowledge is low among the evangelicals, that Islam is spreading rapidly, and that the unrest in the land is serious. We ask that the number of evangelical Christians would double over the next five years, that Islam would decline, that the country would stabilize and that believers would make a complete break from the superstition of Spiritism (the worship of spirits).

I remember United World Mission in prayer, "a fellowship of missionaries and missional churches from North America working in partnership with churches around the world to see nations saturated with new churches." Help them as they establish local Bible-believing, Bible-teaching churches throughout the world. May the missionaries work in concert and harmony with one another, and may Your Spirit empower and bless their work. Provide for them in every way, open the right doors and close the wrong doors, we pray.

Now use me to Your glory today, I request, in Jesus' Name, Amen.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Prayers July 1 editor 0 532 07-01-2010, 04:14 AM
Last Post: editor
  Daily Prayers June 22 editor 0 498 06-22-2010, 04:16 AM
  Daily Prayers June 1 editor 0 469 06-01-2010, 07:10 AM
  Daily Prayers May 29 editor 0 516 05-29-2010, 04:34 AM
  Daily Prayers May 26 editor 0 464 05-26-2010, 03:26 AM