Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God Calling May 19
God Calling

Rescued and Guided

Rest knowing all is so safe in My Hands. Rest is Trust. Ceaseless activity is distrust. Without the knowledge that I am working for you, you do not rest. Inaction then would be the outcome of despair.

My Hand is not shortened that it cannot save. Know that, repeat it, rely on it, welcome the knowledge, delight in it. Such a truth is a hope flung to a drowning man. Every repetition of it is one pull nearer shore and safety.

Let that illustration teach you a great truth. Lay hold of the truth, pray it, affirm it, hold on to the rope. How foolish are your attempts to save yourself, one hand on the rope, and one making efforts to swim ashore! You may relinquish your hold of the rope and hinder the rescuer - who has to act with the greater caution lest he lose you.

The storms and tempests are not all of life. The Psalmist who said "All thy waves and thy billows are gone over me" wrote also "He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Meditate upon that wonder - truth, the three steps safety, security, guidance. (1) "He brought me up also out of an horrible pit" - Safety. (2) "He set my feet upon a rock" - Security (3) "He established my goings" - Guidance. No. 3 is the final stage when the saved soul trusts Me so entirely it seeks no more its own way but leaves all future plans to Me its Rescuer.

The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms. Deuteronomy 33:27

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  THE DOORS ARE OPEN: AN APOSTOLIC CALLING editor 0 255 03-31-2007, 06:49 AM
Last Post: editor